I was transported back to my elementary days when I saw a post about Heart People at Preschool Playbook. I suddenly remembered making these in art class.
So, Sweet Pea, Bubs and I set out to make my memories a reality – and hopefully a memory for them. You can see Bubs’ above. Didn’t he do great! This is a fun activity to do for Valentine’s Day or when learning about the heart shape.
Heart – use the Heart Template to create the heart patterns – 2 eyes, mouth, and body
4 – 1″ wide strips of paper
1. Using the Heart Template, draw a big heart on a large piece of paper. On a contrasting color(s) draw two of the small hearts and one of the medium size hearts.
2. Help your child cut out the shapes.
3. Glue the eyes and mouth on the large heart.
4. Cut 4 – 1″ strips of paper. Show your child how to do an accordion fold. Once you get it started, they will catch on real quickly.
5. Glue or tape the arms and legs on the back of the heart body.
6. Color, add glitter, or other craft items.
7. Proudly display for all to see!
See more Valentine’s Day Activities.